Halloween is one of the best nights of the year! But it can also be dangerous. I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer, but in this day and age one can never be too careful. Halloween is a great time to talk about safety with your children! Review these Trick or Treat Safety Tips to guarantee everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!
This printable is great to send home from school or pass out at your next PTA meeting! These are the safety tips set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Simply download your free copy and print up on white paper or cardstock.
- Plan your trick-or-treat route before you leave and show the kids where you will be going.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Only trick-or treat at house with the porch light on.
- Use reflective tape on costumes and bags
- Make sure kids know that under NO circumstances should they enter a home.
- Double check any costumes with masks to make sure kids can see clearly.
- Carry a flashlight or glow stick
- If your child has an ID care, make sure to bring it along.
- Remind your children to stay out of the street.
- Check ALL candy and treats before eating.
Download directions: Click link above. This will bring up a Google Drive folder. Click the download icon at the top. This will save the folder to your computer. Simply open the file and print! YOU DO NOT NEED TO ASK PERMISSION TO VIEW.Have a safe and Happy Halloween